- (1993) National Board Certified Diplomat of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine – NCCAOM).
- (1990 to 1993) – Earned my Master’s degree in Acupuncture from the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, Portland, Oregon.
- Four academic years in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (completed in three calendar years), consisting of 3,344.5 total hours.
- (1993 to 1994) – Full-time Acupuncturist, Portland Addictions Acupuncture Center, Portland, Oregon, a community based Acupuncture center serving individuals struggling with addictions in a group setting.
- (1994 to Present) – Established the Lemont Acupuncture Centre, Lemont, Pennsylvania, which provides acupuncture in a private, one-on-one setting.
- Age 15 to 20 studied ballet extensively at Point Park College
- (1976 to 1978) Attended West Virginia University, Liberal Arts program, with a concentration in Nutrition and Dance
- (1978 to 1980) Towson State University, General Studies with a Concentration in Dance
- Performed as a guest student at Goucher College
- Dance performer at West Virginia University
- Lemont Acupuncture Centre324 First Avenue
Lemont, PA 16851814-237-1966
HoursMonday9am - 5pmTuesday10am - 7:30pmWednesday12pm - 7:30pmThursday10am - 7:30pmFriday9am - 3pmMy clinic hours are somewhat flexible in order accommodate when necessary.
The following describes our ongoing experience with acupuncture and treatment by Janie Sheerin, Lemont Acupuncture Centre:
Janie is knowledgeable, patient, kind, thorough, caring, inquisitive, professional, and steadfast in her efforts to reduce pain.
Bill suffers from shoulder and chest pain from shingles that he contracted two years ago. Acupuncture is... Read more »
Acupuncture changed my life. A year ago I had cervical spinal fusion surgery and had complications from the surgery. As a result, I was left with more pain than I had prior to the surgery. Specialists concluded that I had nerve damage and there was nothing more that could be... Read more »
“I was diagnosed with Morton’s Nueroma in my right foot. It was unbelievably painful. No matter what shoes I tried to wear, within an hour, my right foot would begin to throb and burn. My orthopaedic surgeon prescribed anti-inflammatory medication, which I took for six months with no relief. At... Read more »
I am most grateful that Janie Sheerin has been an integral part of my health care for the past 17 years. Her treatments, as well as her lifestyle and nutrition suggestions, have enabled me to keep up with the demands of a very physically challenging career. At age 54, she... Read more »